Behavioural Based Interviewing
Behavioural Based Interviewing is based on discovering how the interviewee behaved in specific employment-related situations. The logic is based on how past behaviour reflects future behaviour. Questions may include how you may have handled a situation in the past.
Here are some typical questions:
- Give an example of an occasion when you used logic to solve a problem. What was the outcome?
- Describe a decision you made that was unpopular and how you handled implementing it. What was the outcome?
- Can you provide an example of when your schedule was interrupted? Can you detail how you handled it? What was the outcome?
- Give an example of a goal you reached and tell me how you achieved it?
- Have you gone above and beyond the call of duty? If so, how?
- Have you had to convince a team to work on a project they weren't engaged by? How did you do it? What was the outcome?